I guess I will go ahead and do this as to STOP the relentless tagging of me by people. You guys are cruel, sick, and twisted creatures. I feel like I’m doing homework here! Seeing as I have no choice here, I will complete my end of the bargain in this chainblog. Are you people, happy? I’m talking to you, Simpleek, Naru, AJ, and IllogicalZen. Unfortunately, due to four people tagging, I cannot see answering every single one in this post because that would make it entirely too long. What I will do is answer them in the blogger’s actual post. In this post, I will answer the questions of the blogger who tagged me first (Simpleek).
So here goes:
(copy/pasted from the original)
- Each person is supposed to follow the rule of fives.You are allowed to ask 5 questions, after which you can tag up to 5 bloggers by hyper-linking to their blog; 5 questions because it’s not too many to flood another blogger and occupy too much of his/her time, but yet a large enough number to ask your most important questions, and 5 bloggers to avoid spamming. Hence, prioritize your questions, and who you wish to ask!
- Those tagged are obliged to answer the questions in a blog post, and after which, they are entitled to create their own 5 questions and tag 5 other bloggers, so on and so fourth. You are allowed to tag the person that tagged you in the first place. Also, copy and paste this section on your blog so others can understand how the game goes.
- In the case where a blogger strongly refuses to answer a question, he/she must instead post a nice anime image, wallpaper or cosplay picture, et cetera in response to that question.
- To make things interesting, a blogger can include wildcards in his/her 5 questions by placing an asterisk, (*), after which those tagged are obliged to reveal something interesting about themselves that others did not previously know. There is no limit to the number of asterisks one can place (which means there can be up to 5 wildcard questions).
- Anyone can feel free to start the game; you don’t necessarily need someone to tag you. Just create your 5 questions and tag your 5 people of choice. However, the catch is that you must answer your own 5 questions as well.
- To potentially prevent an endless game, this round of games will end on the 8th September 2012, 12pm JST (GMT +9). After which, no more bloggers can tag others to answer their questions.
Since Simpleek asked first, I will answer her questions:
1. If you can go on a date with any anime character, who would it be and why?
Tuxedo Mask. This is actually an inside joke but to share a little insight, a Twitter follower believes I was/and still am and avid lover of the character. Granted, when I was a little girl watching Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask did have sort of an appeal. Especially if you’re a girl who likes older guys, he was so mysterious and manly!
2. When you first got into anime/manga, has it increased your interest in the Japanese language or culture?
Absolutely. I think it is important to want to know more about the language and/or culture behind an art form that I really enjoy. I understand that anime is based off Disney cartoons but it has grown to be so much more than a copycat. The evolution of anime has led me to see how creativity can be sparked in those who at first glance appear drastically different than oneself. I hope to visit Japan in the next two years.
3. How did you get into anime/manga?
I actually got into anime seriously long after having watched my first anime. My first anime was Sailor Moon. I didn’t know it was an anime until I actually started paying attention to anime. I used to look forward to watching it and thought it was so different compared to the other “cartoons” that I watched. I finally realized what anime was in my second year of college where I had a roommate obsessed with Cowboy Bebop. I would watch it with her every night as she beseeched me to give it a chance because “By golly, don’t you think Spike is totally cute?” But I really got into it when I met my ex-boyfriend. He loved Inuyasha, Dragonball Z, Big O, and some other shows. I have good memories of falling asleep to the closing of Inuyasha.
4. What anime series, if any, are you currently watching?
I am currently watching Evangelion, Uchuu Kyodai (Space Brothers), Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Humanity has Declined), Kokoro Connect.
5. If for one day you could be part of your favorite anime series, what would it be and why?
Gosh, I’m torn between Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. In both of those, I risk bodily harm but I will probably be better off in Trigun seeing as no one really gets hurt around Vash; it just looks like a disaster area wherever he goes. It would be cool to meet Vash, his non-stop humor, his childlike innocence, his strength that he doesn’t want to use to hurt others, his love of everything fun; seems like a great guy to be around.
Whew! I finished the first set.
So I won’t be asking any questions because everyone I would have asked has already done the interrogation carnival! Besides loads of my questions have been asked already, no point rehashing them.