The Understanding – My 100th post!
Those who have read this blog for a while know that my significant other is not into anime like I am. There is now a show about couples like us! Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying) is about a woman married to an otaku. I don’t classify myself as an otaku but I definitely see myself as a serious anime fan. When I get excited about certain shows; my husband will just get a blank look on his face. This show is a short so they don’t drag the gags out too long. You get the joke and then the episode is over. I laughed the whole time for each episode. It has hit the closest to home out of any anime show I have ever watched. If only I could make money by simply watching anime and talking about it.
I’m all over Fall Anime 2014. Okay, maybe not all over it but I’m watching a lot of it. A lot more anime than I have watched in a while. This is what I’m watching so far (including the aforementioned show):
- Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu – If you’re not watching this, you should.
- Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji – God, this show is pissing me off but I keep watching it. I’m really hoping that Erika grows a pair of ovaries and drops Kyouya. That would restore my faith in shoujo.
- Psycho-Pass 2 – Okay, so I haven’t gotten past episode 3. Something about this adaptation is not jiving well with me.
- Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis – The surprise of the season. I wasn’t watching this at first because I thought the main character looked like an idiot. One day I decided to check it out and I was impressed.
- SHIROBAKO – This show is so meta, it makes me feel like an anime insider.
- Terra Formars – Yes, I’m still watching the idiocy of the roaches.
- Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete – I have no idea what the hell is going on in this show. So much mystery…ooooo eeee oooooooo.
- World Trigger – An enemy who may not be the enemy?
I’m trying to get back into blogging more consistently. It is proving more difficult than I anticipated but I will do my best to get my blog on a routine. Thank you to the readers that have stuck around.
- Posted in: Anime
I Can’t Understand What My Husband is Saying and Shingeki no Bahamut are two of my favorite shows this season. I’m really impressed by how the latter keeps pulling out surprises every episode and by how unique the setting is. For me, that show is second only to Madan no Ou to Vanadis this season.
I keep passing over Madan no Ou to Vanadis. I see it but I skip over it. You have good taste so I will check it out. I’ll probably marathon it.
Thanks! I hope that you like it. It’s a bit fanservicey, but I think that quality of the battles and the characters outweigh that drawback.
A bit fanservicey? I couldn’t make it through the first episode. I wish I would have read this response. Haha.